Saturday, October 20, 2012

Happy 5th Anniversary - The Tradition of Throwing Cake


Today is me and Scott's 5th wedding anniversary. Instead of getting all mushy on you, I wanted to share some pictures of our cake cutting...and smashing....and throwing.
 
It was guaranteed that my husband was not going to be gentle when it came to feeding me cake. As the piece of shared cake was placed on the plate, I braced myself. It seemed like slow motion as he approached me with a piece of cake....then smeared it across my forehead and hair. Then he took off running.
 
 
I think guys easily don't realize how long us ladies sit at the salon on our wedding day, getting our makeup and hair done. I decided to fight back. According to our guests, my husband made a break for the patio door....but not before I threw a piece of cake and hit the back of his head! I must have been so caught up in the moment because til this day, I really don't remember throwing cake. He looked into the room through the window and I indicated that he needed to come back in. He voluntarily let me smash cake in his face.
 
 
I cleaned up shortly after but I smelled like marshmallow frosting for the rest of the afternoon.
 
 
Five years later, we still have our playful relationship. Even as I write this, he's sitting on the couch, mimicking what he thinks is my voice (his version is much squeakier), and fake typing on his lap so he can get my attention.  I have to admit, it makes me giggle every time he does it.
 
I married my best friend that day and I look forward to many more years of happiness and shenanigans to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...